Join us for skiing and a Bears road game (Dec 29th at noon) in the Minneapolis area (don't worry about the weather, the Vikings have a newer, state of the art indoor stadium). This is a very similar trip to one we did in 2018 (due to the unusual scheduling of the Bears in Minnesota the last week 2 years in a row). You can see a summary of that trip here.
Plan on coming up Friday night Dec 27th (drive yourself or find a club member to carpool with), and stay two or three nights depending on your schedule.
We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Minnetonka, which has indoor pool, indoor hot tub, and free hot breakfast. Its 20 min from US Bank Stadium, home of the Vikings, 40 minutes from Afton Alps, 60 min from Welch, and 20 minutes from Mall of America.
Pricing for this trip includes a Saturday night Pizza Party at the Hotel, and either 2 or 3 nights lodging (depending on how long you want to stay).
Right now, the cheapest tickets for the game are going for about $125 (including fees), but you can purchase those separately (contact trip leader for more info).
Here is the price breakdown, the room price is the same for either a room with a single king bed (2 adults max - you can also have one child in the room), or 2 queen beds (4 people max).
Adults (includes lodging, free hot breakfast buffet each morning and sat night pizza party only, **based on double occupancy, contact trip leader if you are planning on triple or quadruple occupancy, or need your own room)
- 2 nights (Dec 27 & 28) - $ 120
- 3 nights (Dec 27 - 29th) - $ 165
** Up to 2 kids can stay with their parents in their room for $12 each for the trip (regardless of the number of nights)
** Up to 2 additional adults can stay with their parents in their room for $22 each for the trip (regardless of the number of nights)
*** Bears game tickets can be purchased from ticketmaster
or any aftermarket ticket broker site like tickpick
. We have tickets so far in Section 310, Rows 8 and 12.
- Plan on arriving sometime on friday (check in is anytime after 3PM, its about a 6 hour drive from chicagoland area). Free hot breakfast buffet available each day
- We plan on skiing Afton Alps on Saturday, tickets are (based on last year's pricing) $55/day for adults and $50/day for kids and seniors.
- Pizza party at the hotel Saturday night (probably around 7PM).
- On Sunday is the Bears game at noon, if you're not a Bears fan, there is Mall of America or other attractions in the Minneapolis area.
- If you stay the 3rd night (sunday night), on Monday, you can either ski Afton Alps (see 2019 prices above) or Welch ($58 for age 13-61, $48 for all other ages), both are on the way back to Chicago area, or just head back home.
*Note for anyone with an EPIC pass, you may be able to ski free at Afton Alps, please check your pass for more information.
Any questions, contact the trip coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org