What could be more fun than skiing/riding with friends, and then seeing our Chicago Bears play the Vikings in their beautiful, state-of-the-art indoor stadium.
This is a trip we have run a couple of times before, and it's always a good time, see past summaries here and here.
Plan on coming up Friday night Jan 7th (drive yourself or find a club member to carpool with), and stay two nights with us.
We'll be staying at the Holiday Inn Express in Inver Grove Heights, which has indoor pool, hottub, and free hot breakfast. Its 25 min from US Bank Stadium, home of the Vikings, 30 min from Welch, and less than 15 minutes from Mall of America.
Right now, the cheapest (between the 20 yard lines) tickets for the game are going for about $105 (including fees), but you can purchase those separately. We have gotten tickets for Section 310, Row 10, there are still seats available in that section (including in our row) on seatgeek here.
Pricing for this trip includes a Saturday night Pizza Party at the Hotel, and 2 nights lodging at the holiday inn Express (with free hot breakfast).
We are costing this out assuming each group will want their own room. if you are a single that would like to share a room, please let us know and we will try to match you up so you don't have to pay the full room price for yourself.
Price includes the room for 2 nights (with pool and free hot breakfast each day - covid permitting), and a pizza party saturday night. Rooms are configured with either a single king bed, or 2 queen beds.
- 1 person with their own room - $230
- 2 people sharing a room - $250 ($125 per person)
- 3 people sharing a room - $270 ($90 per person)
- 4 people sharing a room - $290 ($72.50 per person)
- Plan on arriving sometime on friday (check in is anytime after 3PM, its about a 6 hour drive from chicagoland area). Free hot breakfast buffet available each day
- We plan on skiing Welch on Saturday, tickets are (based on last year's pricing) ($69 for age 13-61, $59 for all other ages)
- Pizza party at the hotel Saturday night (probably around 7PM).
- On Sunday is the Bears game at noon, if you're not a Bears fan, there is Mall of America or other attractions in the Minneapolis area, or you can ski another local place like Afton Alps.
Any questions, contact the trip coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org