*** This trip's main house is currently full, although I'm taking names for a waiting list if we have any cancellations. I'm also considering a 2nd smaller house, so please let me know if you are seriously interested. ***
If you want to see a summary of our 2016 Copper trip, you can see those here.
Some basic information on how this trip will work
- The basic premise is that travel days are on the weekend, skiing weekdays (probably mon,tues, thurs,fri) to avoid crowds. Depending on people's schedules, they are free to ski whatever days they want.
- All of these options are in the front range mountains of Colorado and can be reached by either plane (Denver), driving (approx 15-16 hrs), or train (Amtrak to Denver). You can do either rental car or shuttle from Denver airport to Frisco house.
- Four Winds collects payment for lodging only (which will also most likely include community food depending on occupancy) and will help explain best lift ticket options that folks can purchase on their own. Transportation is left to the individuals, although we can offer help with carpool options, advice and info about shuttles from Denver Airport to the lodging, rental cars, etc....
- Because of the flexibility of our trip options, we offer folks the opportunity to go out west to some of the best resorts in one of the most economical ways possible.
- NOTE: If you have kids around 5th or 6th grades, you can check out the Colorado Passport (which Copper is a part of), for a very special deal.
Here is specific information.
COPPER 4 DAY PASSES ARE AVAILABLE ONLINE UNTIL THE END OF MAY 2017 FOR $169 (that's about $42 a day). There are also usually opportunities to get discounted tickets for $65-$80/day via buddy passes, the shell BOGO program, and other means.
We will be staying in one of the large houses in Frisco. Here are the 2 most likely candidates. Price for adults will be $400 for 7 nights, kids 15 and under will be (depending on the number of kids), substantially less (possibly free depending on trip occupancy demographics),
We are staying in the house we stayed at in 2016, The house has its own website.
Don't want to ski Copper, but still want to lodge with us?
If you want to come on this trip, but don't want to ski Copper, Vail resorts has 5 resorts all less than an hour away from Frisco (Breckenridge/15 min, Keystone/25 min, Beaver Creek/45 min, Vail/35 min, A-basin/30 min), you can buy a 4 day EPIC pass (which also includes 4 free local days at Wilmot/Afton Alps) for $419 adults, $229 kids, and still lodge with us. We've also been told that if you buy your passes at Viking Ski shops, they will give you store credit for 10% of the pass purchase price. You can buy your passes here online as well.
If you are planning on coming on the trip, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org), and let me know the number of adults and kids (15 and under) you anticipate, and whether you have already procured any passes (for either Copper or EPIC passes).